This is a unique opportunity to join an EPFL-based company that is reimagining online shopping through an AI-first approach to pricing personalization.
As a junior ML Engineer, you will play a meaningful role in building the next-generation pricing models for eCommerce alongside experienced developers, scientists, and researchers.
What you will do
- Help design and create ML pricing models by developing secure, scalable, cloud-based software and libraries
- Partner with research institutes throughout Switzerland and abroad to design, develop, train, and evaluate a variety of cutting edge ML models.
- Maximize model performance, scalability, and robustness for production use within our computational platform.
- Collaborate with the development team to support model operation in production.
- Iterate collaboratively with scientists and researchers to gather feature requirements and user feedback
- Experience with developing machine learning models, experience in working with smart pricing ML algorithms is a plus
- Experience with a variety of modern ML frameworks in production settings, including at least one of PyTorch, JAX, or TensorFlow
- Experience with the full ML development lifecycle
- Experience partnering with research and product teams to prototype then productionise ML models - particularly Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Strong software engineering experience with software design / architecture skills
- Experience building secure/scalable platforms/products on cloud
- Demonstrate ongoing career progression / trajectory and a passion for learning
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Professional English, French is a plus.
- Grounded and original thinker: you combine the best from industry with new ideas and creative approaches, taking well-informed risks to advance progress
- Motivated by purpose and impact: Self-directed, chooses the most effective path to maximize impact in pursuit of higher level purpose, operates at pace with a clear bias for action
- Experimental: Comfortable with ambiguity, embraces new ideas, responds quickly and adapts to maximize opportunities
- Collaborative and inclusive: you are willing to go the extra mile and work beyond role remit, building strong partnerships with a variety of collaborators
- Curious mindset: Strong interest in self-development, learns from setbacks as well as successes
- Advance your career in a lean working environment alongside seasoned entrepreneurs and developers.
- Competitive Salary
- Offices at EPFL Innovation Park